Marine-Borehole Passive Electrode Cable
AGI’s marine and borehole passive electrode cables are waterproof, multi-conductor cables used for resistivity, induced polarization (IP) and self-potential measurements. They require the use of the Multi-Electrode SwitchBox or Multi-Electrode Switchbox Grid when more than 4, 7, 9 or 11 electrodes are used depending on the SuperSting version. The marine and borehole passive electrode cables are designed stainless steel or graphite electrode takeouts (U.S. Patent 6,674,286) encapsulated in polyurethane that is chemically bonded to the outer cable jacket. Unlike the unreliable connections made by cheaper thermoplastic injection molding cables, the chemical bond in our cables creates a water resistant electrode. This means that you can survey in liquid environments without gathering noisy data caused by poorly insulated cables. AGI’s marine and borehole passive electrode cables are designed also for heavy duty works with 1600Lbs kevlar strength, custom design number of anchor points and completely waterproof and heat resistant. They are easily used for salt, fresh water, the muddy environment in the boreholes, lake, dam, canal, marine and deep ocean bottom investigations.
- Waterproof (submersible).
- Field-rugged stainless steel or graphite electrode takeouts.
- Customizable electrode spacing.
- Customizable electrode numbers/cable section.
- Customizable Anchor Points
- Tough cable jacket.
- 1600Lbs Kevlar strength.
- Operational temperature range: -25°C to 80°C.
- Graphite electrodes are suitable for 30 years lifetime without any corrosion problem.
Passive Stainless Steel, Graphite Electrode Use Cases
The passive electrodes are used in the following applications:
- ERI (electrical resistivity tomography and IP tomography) compatible.
- Boat-towed surveys.
- Imaging of both fresh and salt water along shorelines.
- Cross-borehole 2D and 3D surveys.
- Corrosive environments like salt water and CO2 sequestration sites.
- Marine and lacustrine environments.
- Time-lapse monitoring applications (buried within landfills, dams, boreholes, etc.).
- Made of stainless steel materials.
- Made of non-corrosive, non-hazardous graphite.
- Fresh-water- and saltwater-stable.
- Designed for the stresses of boat towing.