Advanced Resistivity Imaging Seminar
Going beyond the topics of the Resistivity Imaging Seminar with advanced processing using the EarthImager inversion modeling software:
- The Advanced Resistivity Imaging Seminar course provides attendees with a better understanding of 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D resistivity/IP/SP imaging methods through the use and understanding of AGI EarthImager™ data processing software using example data sets.
- This course is designed for attendees who have already worked with resistivity/IP/SP methods and want to focus on particular case examples from their work, difficult to process data or more advanced methods like time lapse inversion, 3D surveys around a foundation and other less often applied methods. We will have all of these data types to work with in the class and will not be collecting data with the SuperSting systems as is done with the Resistivity Imaging Seminar.
- The course requires each attendee to bring a Windows laptop and to have administrative privileges so that they may install EarthImager (Windows 7, 8 or 10).
- Topics will focus on EarthImager™ software (1D, 2D, 3D & 4D), theoretical aspects of data filtering, forward and inversion modeling, 2D and 3D survey design and hands-on practice on how to process surface data, borehole data, terrain (topography) information, underwater data, continuous resistivity profiling (CRP) data on land and marine, 3D data and (4D) time-lapse monitoring data.
- This course meets the 24 hour Continuing Education requirement for professional development, a condition for Texas P.G. license renewal. The hours for the three day seminar are from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 5:00 p.m. Light breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided by AGI.