SSM Android App Troubleshooting FAQ
- Yes, you can control the SuperSting remotely via the SSM App
- The SSM App lets you roam around a 100m radius circle around the SuperSting Wi-Fi.
- The Wi-Fi connection is dependent on signal strength. Direct line of sight can be up to 100m.
- We have been able to control the Supersting Wi-Fi up to 140m in urban areas where the Wi-Fi signal can bounce off of buildings.
- A very conductive overburden will shorten the possible distance to control the SuperSting Wi-Fi. Obstacles that obscure line of sight will also shorten the distance.
No, but the distance the Wi-Fi connection will be stable at is only a few meters.
The SSM Android App is only supported with the SuperSting Wi-Fi resistivity instrument. If your instrument faceplate says "Wi-Fi" then it is compatible with the SSM Andoid App. If you don't see the word "Wi-Fi" then your SuperSting will not operate with the SSM Andoid App.
The SSM Android App will only work if you have a license code to operate the SSM Android App. To get the license code you have to own a SuperSting Wi-Fi capable instrument. If you have succesfully registered your SSM App using your license code the SSM App will work without being connected to your SuperSting Wi-Fi. All its functions like creating arrays, moving files, editing files, etc. are available.
Yes, all generation of SuperSting instruments function without the use of the SSM Android App.