Austin, TX | Full-time
AGI is looking for candidates with a geophysics background—specifically those with experience with resistivity (ERT) methods—to fill the role of Geophysicist. Candidates must live in the U.S. (this is an on-site position).
The role of the Geophysicist will be to handle the day-to-day operations and handle first-touch customer support with rental orders and equipment. The candidate best suited for this position will have a history of outstanding customer service, attention to detail, and will have a positive attitude.
- Track product inventory and rental orders
- Book orders on behalf of some customers
- Complete basic quality assurance testing for equipment
- Communicate with customers about upcoming deadlines, equipment issues, and provide guidance and support for customers throughout the rental process
- Maintain the warehouse where all inventory is held
- Provide your feedback and forward customer feedback to internal teams to help improve productivity and sales
- Create shipping quotes via FedEx, UPS, and more
- Send and receive orders via FedEx, UPS, and more
Requirements And Qualifications
- This position is on-site (SAGA and AGI adhere strictly to CDC COVID-19 guidelines)
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Experience with customer support and a proven track record of stellar customer service
- Forklift Operator Certification (OSHA Code 29 CFR 1910.178) (We will pay for certification for the applicable candidate)
- Must be detail-oriented and process-oriented
- Software Experience and basic computer skills
- Using G-Suite, including but not limited to:
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- Various SaaS products
- Familiarity with FedEx and UPS online portals
- Previous experience with a rental company or experience with inventory management
- Experience using rental, scheduling, and/or billing software
- Experience with geophysical equipment or equivalently manufactured hardware such as medical, industrial, or military electronics.
- BSc in Geophysics or applicable experience and training focused in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Additional Job Benefits
In addition to medical/dental insurance and 401K options, we also offer flexible PTO. This is an hourly position.
About SAGA Geophysics, Inc.
For over thirty years, SAGA Geophysics, Inc.—the sister company of Advanced Geosciences, Inc.—has been renting high-quality, professional-grade geophysical equipment to its customers. As an exclusive partner with Advanced Geosciences, Inc., we offer unmatched customer guidance and support.
Please fill out the form below.
AGI is always in search of excellent geoscientists/geophysicists, computer programmers, electrical engineers and electrical technicians for positions in our offices in Austin, Texas and Madrid, Spain.
We may have job openings currently available or anticipated to be available soon. If you believe that your education background and experience would be an asset for AGI, please send us your résumé.
Even if no position is available at this time, we encourage you to forward your résumé and a cover letter detailing the position you would like. When new positions become available—we will have your details and can contact you immediately if appropriate.
The minimum qualification for our professional positions at AGI is a bachelor degree in a science or engineering field and 2-3 years of experience in the field of near-surface geophysics. Multilingual candidates are preferred.
Please send an inquiry through our Contact US page.