The PowerSting system is a fully programmable constant voltage/constant current source. It is available with an SGS generator and a wireless repeater box. The system operates in both wired and wireless modes to make collecting data remotely simple and safe—operators don’t need to be close by to run the PowerSting.
PowerSting Use Case
The PowerSting system is designed to work with multiple applications, including vertical electrical sounding, 2D electrical imaging, 3D electrical imaging, and 3D-offset electrical imaging of a 2D survey line in both manual and automatic modes.
Mineral Exploration For Sulfide Ore Bodies
Mineral exploration and mining is crucial to the developing world—in countries like China, materials to build infrastructure are in high demand, and in order to have these materials, you have to know where to look. That’s where induced polarization (IP) and tools like IP transmitters come in—IP can help find ore bodies (copper, silver, gold, or whatever minerals are needed).
How does it work? The PowerSting is used to automatically charge up the large, deep areas of the ground (where ore bodies are suspected). The SuperSting then turns off the PowerSting IP transmitter and uses its receiver to listen and record the decay of voltage over time. The data is processed using the EarthImager 2D or 3D software in order to get chargeability (IP) images, similar to the resistivity images recorded at the same time.
Fully programmable, external high-power (constant voltage/constant current) source can be used with either of our SuperSting instruments.
Automatic shut-off for input power loss, overheating, over voltage, over current, or fuse in order to keep users safe.
Wired or wireless communication between SuperSting and PowerSting.
The PowerSting is available in different models in three different lines: 5 kW, 10 kW, and 15 kW.
Choose between 2.5 Amp / 2,000 Volt; 5 Amp / 1,000 Volt; or 10 Amp / 500 Volt
Power source: Single-Phase, 208-220 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 7.5kw (Minimum)
Choose between 3.2 Amp / 3,000 Volt; 5 Amp / 2,000 Volt; or 27 Amp / 375 Volt
Power source: 3-Phase, 208 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 15 kW (Minimum)
Choose between 5 Amp / 3,000 Volt; 7.5 Amp/ 2,000 Volt; 10 Amp / 1,500 Volt; 15 Amp / 1,000 Volt; or 30 Amp / 500 Volt
Power source 3-Phase, 480 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 22.5 kW (minimum)
Dimensions and Weights
5kW Weight: 82.6 Kg (182 lbs.)—Includes Integrated Shipping Case
10kW and 15kW Weight: 102 Kg (225 lbs.)—Includes Integrated Shipping Case
5kW-10kW-15kW Width: 67.5 cm (26.58"); Depth: 91.4 cm (36"); Height: 49.5 cm (19.5")
- Output current stability: Automatically controlled
- Transmitter Lower Current Limit: 1mA.
- Transmitter Voltage Steps: 1V.
- Transmitter Current Steps: 1mA.
- Transmitter Output Voltage Accuracy: 0.1V
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +50°C
- Display: Built-in LED display indicating status, fault codes, power in watts, current and voltage, contact resistance, transmit function, on/off and emergency shut off. The SuperSting and Android device will displayall the above parameters along with real time data plot, resistance, resistivity, etc.
- IP time cycles: 0.5 s/1 s/ 2 s/4 s/8 s, user selectable controlled by SuperSting
- Measurement cycle: ON+, OFF, ON-, OFF
- Time stability: Better than 0.01%
- Instrument auto shut-off: Protection against over voltage, under voltage, over current, overheating and input power loss
- Connection between the PowerSting and the SuperSting is wired with an optional wireless connection.