FlexLite Passive Electrode Cable
FlexLite Passive Electrode Cables
AGI FlexLite Cables are 35% lighter and utilize half of the previous volume while maintaining the same low noise and rugged design. AGI has eliminated extra space not needed in the previous design and utilized more advanced materials and construction technologies.
AGI FlexLite passive electrode cables are multi-conductor cables used for resistivity, self potential and induced polarization (IP) measurements. They require the AGI Multi-Electrode SwitchBox, which houses all switching circuitry. The FlexLite passive electrode cables are designed to be hard-wearing with stainless electrode takeouts encapsulated in molding material that is chemically bonded to the outer and inner cable jacket. Unlike the unreliable connections made by cheaper plastic injected cables, the chemical bond in AGI cables creates a rugged and water proof electrode.
Passive Electrode Use Case
Passive electrode cables are ideal for surface measurements, lab experiments and borehole-to-borehole measurements. Measuring between two boreholes, for example, gives you far better resolution than measuring from the surface alone, because the resolution increases when you put the sensor electrodes closer to your target. You can deploy a passive electrode cable in a borehole for an extended period of time for effective time lapse monitoring and measurements. Marine graphite passive cables are manufactured at AGI as well.
- 35% lighter weight compared to previous design (less shipping cost and faster fieldwork)
- 50% less volume compared to previous design (less shipping cost)
- Significantly more flexible and easier to coil and manage
- Waterproof electrode take out (submersible)
- Field-rugged stainless steel electrode take outs
- Rugged outer and inner cable jackets
- Operational temperature range: -25°C to 80°C
- Custom electrode numbering, section size and spacing is available
- Available for SwitchBox sizes up to 56 electrodes with expansion up to 112 and more soon
- Engineered and manufactured at AGI in Austin, Texas USA